Thursday, July 30, 2009

Modesty is prension when you're good.

Every once and a while. I watch a show or a movie, and I find myself moved. My friends say I just get to into it. I think that I believe them. I probably do.

I can't help but want to sympathize with one of the characters. I can't help it. I'm honest enough with myself (or so I would like to believe) that I am not always the heroine/hero. Actually quite frequently, I'm the villain or the sidekick. But, I've noticed something horrible. There's still a trend. Typically I'm....

female
ethnic
long haired

...and those ones are easy, but it's the other ones that make me terrified of introspection:

neurotic
workaholic
severe trouble in love

...and it worried me. Because I feel like these trends have been constant since my first chick flick. I'm always picking Mr. Unavailable, though the cause of the unavailability tends to vary. Sometimes he's to consumed by work or school...or his childhood. But for whatever reason, he's always unavailable. I think I thought that I was immune to this, because I don't typically have trouble getting the ones I want. I know that sounds egotistical, but it's not. Modesty is pretentious when you're good. Thanks R.C.

Distantly Affectionate,
Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always interested in hearing your take...